Saturday 14 October 2023

Corton and Gunton Birds

On Sunday 8th October, I missed the Redstart twice seen at Gunton woodland Burial car park tried morning and evening, it eluded me like many/ all birds this/ last autumn. Nothing out to sea for despite an earlier spectacular movement of Brents & eared owls, totall dead for me. I went to Corton ORT, to try and see Rob H's YBW, parking at Stirrups lane Bridge and walking barely 50 metres south along the ytrack, a group of Long- tailed Tits moved through closely followed by a brief glimpse of the fine Y<b>ellow- browed Warbler that quite simply poked his head out of the sycamore foliage showing a fine cream supercilia and then it suddenly flew west. Hearing of another found by the Gunton Dip farm shelter belt and one neat the Pitch and Putt car park, I didn't see thse but I joined nick and James W at the south car park in the south- east corner, they saw 2 interesting birds fly into the trees and I soon picked these up and identified these as 2 fine Bramblings that showed reasonably well.

No comments: