Wednesday 9 December 2020

Double Celebration Day!

On Wednesday 9th December, it was a double celebration day, as I was surprised and honoured to jointly receive 'JPUH Trust Employee of the month' (for Oct) for work I did helping a colleague at the local Clinical Care Commissioning Group and she very kindly put me forward for the award. I am really proud to work for the NHS, particularly the Paget where everyone works so hard and they all so dedicated to providing the best possible patient care. I am indebted to the great support I get from my friends and colleagues: especially the Library Team (Debbie & Karl), the Education Practice & Development Team and the JPUH Trust team as a whole and dedicate my award to all of them. It was a real honour to receive the award from our Chief Exec, she leads the Trust really well, it is a tough job to do at anytime but particularly now and she handles all of this with great aplomb. After I had received the award, I just had time after leaving the Hospital at 2pm to visit Ormesby & Rollesby Broads, stradling the A149, looking first on Rollesby Broad, I saw 2 female Goldeneyes. Then looking over the road at Ormesby Broad, I saw a group of 30+ Pochard (including 24 males) this bird is becoming particularly scarce locally so really nice to see this cold weather influx of these birds. I also saw the fine Slavonian Grebe (the reason for my visit) right at the back, which was frequently diving and it did swim a little closer but still distant. sadly no time to go onto Winterton but I'll leave that for the weekend.

No comments: