Sunday 17 November 2019

Little at Corton but Waxwings save the day

In the morning, I had a look around Corton ORT, Churchyard nothing seen and at Corton Old Sewage works where a Jay flew up from the field and 11 Common Gulls seen in the field to the south. depressingly more of the field to the north and extending right back to the old sewage works has been taken presumably for an extension to the caravan park, less habitat, more people and dogs not a prospect I relish. I was just about to pop out to the supermarket before they closed at 4pm when James W tweeted that Waxwings were along the Gunton Estate and I drove down Weston road and down Westhall road and the Waxwings were in a Berry tree, I stopped and saw James W opposite. I joined him at 3.35p. Looking across the Open/ playground area, 6 Waxwings were perched in the top of a tree and occasionally they flew down and across onto the Beey tree to eat the berries for a few minutes before fling back. In very much the same area as the Westhall road birds of the previous winter and probably the same birds that had been over at the North Quay retail park over the last few days.

No comments: