Sunday 10 March 2019

Greenfinches are back!

On Sunday 10th March rain stopped play, although I was really pleased to see 9 Greenfinches (a record garden tally) in the garden the most I have ever seen in one sitting and the only ones I have seen since the indiscriminate clearance totally of Fallowfields some 2 weeks ago. I have several black sunflower seed feeders especially for them so pleased it attracted a garden record of 9 birds today. Especially welcome since they had been totally absent since Fallowfileds was decimated. The Robin continues to sing from our back trees (the only ones until you get to Parkhill Hotel grounds, too. Delighted to hear my next door neighbour is planting trees (I suggested a few varieties) as a shield at the back of their garden too. We will re-establish a great line of trees and shrubs as a local corridor for wildlife. Now off to get some more nest boxes (Blue/ Great Tits and Robin boxes) to complement the ones I already have and the 5 House Martin nest boxes!

No comments: