Monday 5 March 2018

Little Gull & Scaup

On Sunday 4th March, a very frustrating early morning, when I saw 2 Fieldfares alight into a tree on Fallowfields (one of the few left) they flew left and then one alighted on a berry bush, Running round I was getting in prime position to get some great shots and guess what? A dog walker appeared at exactly the wrong moment and flushed the bird. I later saw 1 Fieldfare perched on top of a bungalow roof but it would have been just a silhouette shot, so no pics taken, very frustrating. One 1st winter Little Gull on sea (with 6 BH Gulls) at 10.30am from Baker's Score, Corton, whilst looking 20 yards north, it flew towards me and south settling on the sea in front of me. It flapped its wings and then flew south. Thanks to James B & Craig S for information. Also at Oulton Broad by Wherry PH- the Male Red- breasted Merganser still, although an interested passer-by flushed the bird out to the middle of the Broad. 3 Great- crested Grebes too. No sign of any other sawbills. A text from Jeremy G. late afternoon had me heading to Lound, although confusion of which was the middle Lake, Drake Scaup still Lound (thanks Jeremy) with 4 Tufted Duck on the middle lake meant that I only found the bird at 5.40pm just as the light was fading (i.e. 300 yds west of Blue Door Loke) best viewed from inside car looking down (through trees) on the Lake, also walking down Blue Door Loke, a Woodcock flew up, my 5th in 4 days.

No comments: