Sunday 7 May 2017

On Sunday 7 May, a visit to Corton OSW at 11.30am I bumped into James B at the churchyard who was then leaving. At the southern end of the OSW compound I saw Craig and he pointed a fine male Whinchat perched on the fence, it later seen on the grass in the compound, we also saw both a male and female so 2 Wheatear within the compound. Meanwhile around 15 Sand Martin flying around the compound and nearby fields. Plus I could hear at least 1 possibly 2 Lesser Whitethroats with their rattling call. from the nearby hedge. 1 Long- tailed Tit seen. Ali R and Maurice B had arrived and I walked down the hedgerow lane and I spotted the fine male Redstart fly across to the north-west corner of the sewage works. I called Ali could then rang Maurice B and I gestured to Craig and we all enjoyed great views of this bird as it flitted about perched in the hedgerow and occasionally from the bare branches. A Goldfinch seen calling as I walked back.

No comments: