Sunday 30 April 2017

Minsmere

On Friday 28th April, a dash down to Minsmere in the evening from the south hide, many thanks to Mathhew D who put me onto the bird straight away looking through his scope the bird, a 1st summer Ring- billed Gull with pink bills and thick black band near the tip. I switched to my scope and watched the bird for 5 minutes as it preened stood along the top of a gravelly ridge. After 5 minutes I switched to the camera and then could'd find it and when Tony B and Daphne entered I couldn't show them the bird as it had gone! Along the north wall field, a Wheatear was seen plus 3 Red- legged Partridges. At Island Mere, despite 2 other birders moving around the whole time the Savi's Warbler heard twice and once when I was outside the hide on the path back, a female Red Deer stood barely 15 metres away. At 9.20pm, at home I heard a Whimbrel fly over the garden.

No comments: