Saturday 12 September 2015

Start of easterly winds

On Thursday 10th September after work, I went to Corton Old Sw saw james B, we saw 2 Wheatears by the newly ploughed fields but little else. He advised me to go to Gunton ORT and Dip farm where he'd seen Pied Fly & redstart. With the sun a now golden hue, I walked along the northern fence line and there was a brownish Wheatear which sat on the field near the fence. It flew up to the fence showing well. I walked along further to the berry bush at the end. I initially saw 2 Robins then a fine Pied Flycatcher flew low and perched on a low branch, I crept nearer and nearer and managed to obtain som great shots of this splendid bird. It would occasionally fly out to the grass catch an insect low to the ground and then return to its perch. I then met David F, a newish birder/ butterfly photographer who lived nearby I showed him the Pied Fly and he walked back where he had seen James' fine male summer plum Redstart, suddenly a Redstart flew out of a bush and then fly further back. Its reddish tail seen well.

No comments: