Monday 27 October 2014

Wednesday afternoon at Leathes Ham

Wednesday 22nd October, afternoon taking TOIL from work, I headed down to Leathes Ham and immediately saw around 8 pairs of Pintail (16 birds) really close. Walking around the path, I checked the parties of Lon- tailed Tits to no avail, I then bumped into Ali R, we saw a couple of Chiff- Chaffs then heard the Yellow- browed Warbler call and a few minutes later, then we spotted it flitting around in the scrub for several minutes. It showed a cream supercilia and 2 wing bars. Whilst on the ham pond, a female Goldeneye was seen too. I then drove to Ness Point, seeing John H in his car driving away. In the bush by the orange wind sock, the immature Red- backed Shrike perched on a bush, I parked close by and was getting the camera ready when a factory worker walked out and flushed the bird and I didn't see it again.

No comments: