Saturday 22 February 2014

Ibis duo at Oulton Marshes

On Saturday 22nd February, I walked down Fisher Row and onto the Oulton Marshes via the tea gardens path, initially, I could only see just the usual birds such as Wigeon etc. I then met Don & Gwen who hadn't seen the Ibis' yet. I walked over to the platform, still no sign and I the walked over to the railway line, still no sign but a text from Gwen (many thanks!) they had just seen both the Ibis'. I walked back I still couldn't see them but I met a lady who said they were in the south west corner and close to the path. I looked and there they were! I walked back seeing Don & Gwen again and sure enough both Ibis' were just around some 40 feet away feeding, stretching and resting, I quickly see up my camera gear and I spent a very pleasant hour photographing them. The sun was in the perfect position and reflected the subtle purple and greenish sheen in the plumage to a tee. The birds spent the whole time feeding, resting and generally within 40 - 50 feet of the path.

No comments: