Saturday 9 November 2013

Woodcock at Fallowfields, Peacock in the Medical Library!

On Saturday 9th November, just before the rain, I walked over to Fallowfields and taking the northern most path going west, at 1.25pm, a Woodcock suddenly flew up from the north west corner and flew over towards Parkhill Hotel grounds. Looking back on Tuesday 5th November, Firework night, I had spotted a Peacock butterfly flying around the Library at work at about 5.20pm, flying over to the Mezzanine floor but then it flew down towards the Journals sitting area where it had disappeared. It was really imperative that I caught it as it wouldn't survive in the "warm" Library this winter. So I was delighted to be informed by my colleague on Friday 8th November, that the same Peacock butterfly was sunning itself by the window doors facing the Sandra Chapman centre. I managed to catch it safely and released it unharmed in our garage back at Lowestoft ready for it to hibernate for the winter, complete with a supply of fresh nettles just in case it fancied a snack!

No comments: