Sunday 19 June 2011

Rain stopped play!

This weekend has been a wash out with frequent heavy down pours and thunderstorms.
This is not good weather for me as the atmospheric conditions frequently give me migraines, and this weekend proved no exception.
On Thursday 16th June, I looked on Fallowfields and could only find a paltry 10 Orchids, 3 Southern Marsh Orchid and 7 hybrid Orchids (Southern Marsh X Spotted) ones all in the usual place.
Sunday 19th June, at 12.20 to 12.25pm, the excellent Hummingbird Hawk Moth visited the garden again feeding from the Red Valerian flowers again.
Also just afterwards, at 12.30pm I heard the distinctive "chup chup" calls of Crossbills flying over (probably a single figure flock appearing to go west) but try as i might I couldn't see the birds.

No comments: