Monday 17 May 2010

A Cheering Up Dotterel

Needing to be cheered up following the death of one of my musical heroes (see previous post),
I was able to take an hour and 3/4 off work late afternoon as I was working late this evening. 
Arriving at Kessingland Dunes just west of there and south of the caravan park and north of the sluice, I saw the excellent male Dotterel in long grass just off from the main track it soon ran into the short grass feeding before it once again ran off. 2 Wheatear and a Whinchat were also seen here to. A small group of birders were  here including Roy H & Jeremy.
I managed to obtain a few middling distance shots as the bird was not that obliging, the bird even flew a short way (not disturbed by us) but presumably flying to a better feeding area where it resumed its feeding straight away. It would characteristically run a short way feed and then turn back and run in a different direction! All too soon I had to leave it to allow enough time to get back to work for the evening shift.
The birds keep coming in what has been an exceptional Spring locally for rare and scarce migrants around the Lowestoft area.

No comments: