Friday 6 November 2009

Dusky Warbler



I caught up with the Dusky warbler this morning, found by Nick B earlier in the week.
It apparently ranges widely, but it seems to have settled down between Warren House Wood and the the Holm Oak copse just north of there. I saw it looking from the Pillbox towards the Birch & Sycamore trees just west of there. It was tacking regularly around 10.15am and showed briefly in the trees there where I managed this record shot. 
I had earlier seen a male Dartford singing from the top of the ridge in the usual area.
Brucie bonus was the calling of 3 Whooper Swans which I saw flying east over the warren.
A Firecrest was heard but not seen. Some Lesser Redpolls and a Siskin flew in off.
Later that day driving to Martham for a talk, as the light was fading I saw the usual Ormesby St. Margaret Wood Common Buzzard was having a very late fly around low over the fields just west of the main road.

No comments: