Friday 20 September 2024

Return to the Black- necked Grebe

On Friday 20th September, I left work a little earlier at 4pm, on a much brighter day I drove over to Kessingland and I parked up and walked down, the fine immature Black necked Grebe was still there and once it had dived I got into position and managed to get some shots. It spent time at the back but then started to flap its wings preen and and pop up on its haunches. It then swam closer over to the middle of the pool, one of the volunteer Little Tern wardens came over and stood a little way back, I spoke to her for a while, until the Grebe swam closer, once the Grebe dived again I got back into position and I obtained a few shots in the golden hour before sunset. As we walked back we saw Cliff W. on the steps scoping the bird from which still on the shore pool from a distance, the bird was still there at 6.20pm.

No comments: