Sunday 5 December 2021

Dips by the bucket load but Iceland was a welcome surprise

On Sunday 5th December, I was bitterly disappointed to miss out on the Barred Warbler at Wiveton, North Norfolk today and a late afternoon twitch failed to in pursuit of a Little Auk on Oulton Broad. James W walked around to the Marina and the Marina office and couldn't see it but James spotted a white- winged Gull, a 1st winter Iceland Gull flying away west which was a great spot and a personal first on Oulton Broad for me, having missed all the others. no sign of the Goosander either at Dead end on anywhere on Oulton Broad and to make matters worse the Auk was found again at the Marina just as I arrived home at 3.20pm, just as the light was starting to go, both birds (Barred & Little Auk) I am still get some get good pics of. Good riddance to 2021, I look forward to a better 2022.

No comments: