Monday 19 April 2021

Ring Ouzel duo at Hinton the obvious highlight

On Sunday 18th April, mid afternoon, I drove to Hinton crossroad and parked by the adjacent car park taking the track running east, I could hear and see a fine male Yellowhammer singing but it wasn't photogenic at all, a species I would love to photo. Looking out to the field to the north, no sign of the Ouzels for the first hour but on my last look before giving us, 2 fine male Ring Ouzels were out together along the distant sloping grassy area about 800 metres away. Chiff- Chaff also heard. I went to Southwold no sign of the Garganey at either Buss Creek on the Town marshes and I eventually reached Kessingland Sewage works at 7.20pm the sun was going down fast despite scanning the western fence I couldn't see the Redstart probably, a little too late. I heard at least 3 "hwet" calling Chiff- Chaffs and a calling Firecrest too in the thicket to the east of the path but no sighting alas. I barely managed to hobble back to the car at the heel was really sore, too much walking!

No comments: