Saturday 15 February 2020

Shag at Lake Lothing

On Friday 15th February, having cancelled my trip to Wales due to the impending onslaught of Storm Dennis, I took a look around Oulton Broad nothing seen at all. From the railway bridge, overlooking Lake Lothing looking east I could see 2 Cormorant and 1 fine immature Shag fishing, it would characteristically leap out of the water to dive. Looking right I could see Jane F by the concrete promentory and joining her I just missed another immature Shag which was flushed by a boat heading east along the river. A Little Grebe, (1 of 3 seen) was seen relatively close but the inevitable dog walker kept a little distant and when I went back it was very close and once it dived I ran into position and was ready for some pics, until I had the misfortune to meet yet another Togger with no consideration and lacking any fieldcraft (the two seemed to go hand in hand with these guys in my recent experience) who walked straight up to me asking me where the Shag was and next time I saw the Little Grebe (after a vanishing act of 20 minutes) it was by a distant boat.

No comments: