Sunday 3 November 2019

Ivy Bee in house, fungi & Southwold

On Sunday 3rd November, a Bee buzzing around the kitchen window proved to be an Ivy Bee that I let outside straight away, although thinking about I should have got some pictures first, a new species for me! A large bit of Fungi was seen and photographed in the garden along the western fence line and a look around Southward Churchyard produced 2 Goldcrests, a Chiff- Chaff, around 10 Goldfinches and a surprise very late Painted Lady that flew onto a gravestone at 2.50pm then flew south. all the birds scattered and a female Sparrowhawk flew west overhead. Not the hoped for Firecrest. I looked around Belle Vue Park and the ravine around 3.15pm but failed to see Firecrest here either.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Peter, your fungi looks like Chlorophyllum brunneum (a close relative of the Shaggy Parasol).

Cheers
Chris

Peter Ransome said...

Thanks Chris, I was going to look it up!