Saturday 6 November 2010

A Waxwing week!


On Tuesday 2nd November and before work foray at Corton ORT revealed a couple of Goldcrests and just east of the copse of trees, I heard the distinctive trilling of a Waxwing which flew east overhead.
On driving to Martham Library, I had a lovely flock of Waxwings fly and circle overhead over the car as I waited at the Haven Bridge traffic lights, the most pleasant wait I have had for the lights (I almost said something else but didn't want to be misconstrued!!!)
Arriving at Martham Library, an excellent flock of around 160 Pink- footed Geese flew north west overhead.
At lunchtime, 44 Waxwing seen in the usual spot at Great Yarmouth all by the Rowan trees.
On Friday 5 November, I heard one call by the King's centre, Great Yarmouth as I was walking into a meeting.
At lunchtime Friday, there must have been around 100 birds, a flock of 60 by the houses and Rowan trees opposite Pasta foods making lightening raids onto the trees, plus around 40 just west of there flying in the sky, perching on roof aerials and generally flying around.

No comments: